Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Finished Electrical Plan

I created the Electrical Plan to map out the locations of the lighting fixtures and the outlets. I learned from reading that there are many requirements that are needed to be included. For example GFCI outlets are put in place where the outlet may come in contact with water and weatherproof outlets are to be placed outside. Convenience outlets, for residential plans, should be placed 6" to 8" apart along each wall.

I found lighting fixtures on the Progressive lighting website; in my house I have a total of twenty eight lighting fixtures, including the fan hangers in the bathroom. I placed recessed lights in the kitchen above each work area; another was placed above the fireplace to light up the mantle. The service room had a fluorescent light because it is brighter than the other fixtures. To accommodate a rechargeable wheelchair, I places a special outlet in the master bedroom.

The lighting plan contains the fixture type, manufacturer, model number, quantity, mounting height and watt number. And I calculated the circuit data to determine the amount of amps needed and the number of circuits needed in the circuit box.


No comments:

Post a Comment