Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Plumbing Plan

The next step of designing my house is to make the plumbing plan. This included the cold and hot water piping, plumbing fixtures, sanitary piping, and gas piping. I started with the main house drain, connecting them to the drains of each fixture. Then I drew the main hot water and cold water pipes and determined thier widths. I had to connect smaller pipes to the required fixtures that needed them. The pipes that go off of the main pipes had a smaller width, so instead of a 3/4" pipe it is a 1/2" pipe. The cold water pipe ended outside of the house as a hose bib. Hot water pipes connect to the water heater in the service area. I needed less gas  piping in the house because it only connected to the fire place and the meter outside of it. The piping was 3/4" wide and made of iron. Shut offs were put in places that required one, for example I placed one for both the hot water and cold water piping in front of the washing machine.
The Plumbing Plan 


 The fixture plan was made to organize which plumbing fixture I have choosen. In total I have
choosen eighteen fixtures to be placed inside the house. These include the sinks, tubs, washer, dryer, dishwasher, and faucets.
The Fixture Schedule 

No comments:

Post a Comment